Sunday, March 25, 2012

Landon crying

This particular image reflects the sadness in Landon's aching heart when he learns Jamie has Leukemia. "The moment she told me, the blood drained from my face and a sheaf of dizzying images fluttered through my mind. Why she didnt think she'd go to college..why she'd given me her Bible...Jamie, sweet Jamie, was dying... I held her again, not knowning what else to do, tears filling my eyes, trying and failing to be the rock I think she needed." Landon is usually a strong boy, but when he learns of this awful secret, his world comes crashing down. This particular moment shapes Landon in a way that just a month before wouldn't have. Landon has finally found the meaning of love and what it's like to not have anyone else affect or alter the opinions of it. This moment strengthens Landon's character, and contributes to his growing maturity. This is also the turning point in the novel. Everything previously hinted at, leads to this particular event. Sparks does a good job in foreshadowing this event, as to where suspicion is always in the back of the readers mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment